January 22, 2012

Molten Gold & Rain



A recent personal trend I've noticed: I seem to gravitate toward velvet on rainy days. So when I came to terms that my day off was to be a distinctly wet one, out came the velvet. The particular piece I chose was the Club Monaco amber velvet skirt I received for Christmas. It reminds me of molten gold. I paired it with two items I purchased last year in Halifax: my golden leaf necklace & grey shoulder cut-out top. I love the silkiness of the top, the unique shoulder detail, & the rich texture of the skirt. 


In terms of light & photo quality I'll be the first to admit that these are far from my favourites. But I promised you an outfit photo, & unfortunately this is all the rain allowed for! I've been wanting to share more outfits with you but between time conflicts & weather mishaps it just hasn't been a possibility as of late. Rather than simply hope for improvements I've been thinking about getting a wireless remote so I'll be able to take my own photos. Not sure how it'll work out but it's certainly worth a try! Do any of you take your photos this way? I'd love some feedback/suggestions :)




I was wearing:
Grey cut-out top - Lush (via Envy)
Amber velvet skirt - Club Monaco
Gold Leaf Necklace - Girly Peepshow Boutique
Hammered Ring - Forever 21
Paloma wedges - Dolce Vita

19 comments:

  1. I think that velvet is lovely to wear on cold and rainy days, because it's a warmish material. I need to get a velvet skirt, it's been on my shopping list for a while now but I just can't find one anywhere - I'm considering just going thrifting and finding one that way! The colour of your skirt is gorgeous, it goes with the grey top perfectly. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice top :) I like it.


    senyoritalakwachera.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look my dear and the photos are lovely!!! Your skirt is gorgeous and i love the cut out top you have styled it with! Edgy meets luxe :)

    Take care honey,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh you've got a golden skirt! How awesooome :) looks great on you!

    X Ine
    http://i-queenb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow beautiful outfit :) im following :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great outfit Shawna. I love the cut outs on the shoulders!!

    http://jenalyenns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely stunning, I adore the gold shade of the skirt and the cut out shoulders are fantastic <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blog! The pictures are great! http://soffiek.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the skirt! You look awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great top! ^^ And that skirt goes so well with the jewellery, nice bronze touch. ^^

    Thanks for your comment sweetie,
    have a lovely day!

    Satu
    - Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute top & skirt, gorgeous outfit!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look impeccable my dear !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the skirt is such a rich, lush colour - it looks so good in velvet!

    Lovely xx tess

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that skirt! what a great color and shape!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful skirt and top :)

    Taste of Coconut

    ReplyDelete
  16. wauw love your blog and ring!! |Hope you will visit my blog 2! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute outfit!!:D I really like your shirt! The shoulder detail's awsome!!:D

    xxx

    Feel free to join my new giveaway :)

    Mia's Little Corner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool ring! Love all the gold!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! I read & respond to each & every comment - if you have a blog as well please leave the URL! :)