January 24, 2012

Quiet Mornings // New In





1. Catching up on Bloglovin' on a rainy morning. 448 posts to read? Completely normal.

2. Gluten-free pancakes with vegan chocolate chips, vanilla agave syrup, & frozen raspberries

3. My favourite mug; delightfully sarcastic, it was given to me by my Mom years ago. Everywhere I move or travel, this guy comes with me

4. New top from Zara. The top portion is a great rusty-brown, contrasted with a sheer mustard asymmetrical piece on bottom. It's a great basic. Don't you just love sales? :)

Something I cherish above all else is having quiet mornings to myself. I revel in the complete silence & prospect of doing whatever my heart desires. It's something I've always done. When I was a little girl I would wake up at 5am, tip toe to the kitchen to make a small snack, & read Jane Austen & Lucy Maud Montgomery for a few hours before the rest of the house came alive. These days aren't much different. I make a delicious vegan breakfast of some sort (which I always eat in bed), answer the emails which have piled up during the night, & then catch up on my blog reading or writing. No distracting music or TV, just quiet time to read & think. It's my personal way of achieving balance. 

Do you have any morning rituals or time set aside just for you? I'd love to know! I'd also like to do a little shout-out to those of you who have just started following! Don't worry, I've set aside time tonight to answer all your lovely comments :) For the time being, I'm getting ready & headed to work. Fingers crossed I'll have a new outfit post for you all tomorrow! Until then, have a fabulous day <3 

24 comments:

  1. mmmmmm:)stunning photo!!!! very stylish and beautiful top!:)kiss you my dear!ххх

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like a quiet but cozy and perfect morning :)
    the pancakes looks delicious!!!!!!
    xx

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely post sweetie,Those pancakes look so yummy! Your new top is lovely,look forward to seeing how you wear it! :) My morning ritual is waking up with a cup of tea kindly and often bought in to me by mum,followed by watching a bit of TV And then whilst enjoying the peacefulness i might indulge into Vogue,Elle,In Style or Grazia :) Then Breakfast!

    Great post honey,Take care,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. That breakfast looks yummy, and I adore the Zara top! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I love this post and your breakfast looks so delicious. I love rasberries! I totally know what you mean about morning routines too. I wish I had more time to relax but I'm always running late. hehe, I'm jealous of your nice mornings!

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment :) The top is so beautiful! The two color are cute!

    Taste of Coconut

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! And those pancakes look amaaazing!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love having mornings to myself too, I usually get up and make myself a cup of tea and catch up on blogs. I love the top, you found yourself a great bargain there! The cup made me smile as well, I wonder if they have a similar one for gemini? :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) Cute top & necklace, aww and how funny mug ! I've never had a horoscope mug, but I've seen these very beautiful, artistic paintings on some of them.. Now that this popped into my head I had to find out what company it was, and here's link to Leo-mug!
    (site is Finnish though..)
    http://www.kultakeramiikka.fi/epages/Kaupat.sf/fi_FI/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Kulta/Products/Leijona-muki

    Thanks for your comment sweetheart!

    Satu
    - Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the top and the pancakes look delicious! I'm a morning person too, just love being awake to do whatever pleases me. Pretty much the same as you, I get my first coffee (the pre-breakfast one), get online, check blogs, post something. It's just nice :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. your Zara top is pretty! and yum I'd love that breakfest right now I'm so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new top! I bet it will look great on you!

    X Ine
    http://i-queenb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to do this but my kids are normally up before me. I am not a morning person at all.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmmm gluten free pancakes, those sound sooo good.
    I can't imagine waking up early without having the obligation of waking up early ahahha! I envy people who enjoy their mornings though because I seriously am like a zombie for the first few hours of the day!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. great pictures! The gfree pancakes look delicious!

    x Alexa

    http://brightandsassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like such a perfect morning!x

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a nice day for you :) love your new zara top!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do the exact same thing! I used to wake up much later and I missed the most beautiful time of day every day ... I get up, check my blogs (I often have around 500 unread blog entries too haha) and drink lots of green tea! I also like being in the garden super early, it's so peaceful. Looking forward to the outfit post, lovely! xx tess

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved that first paragraph-- I also adore having mornings to myself, where the house is completely quiet-- I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of beautiful photos, i couldn't live without my Mac and I love vegan chocolate!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. amazing pics :)

    aydanim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. like the dress!
    please take a look at my blog and follow or leave a comment if you like it:)
    http://mellisfashiondiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! I read & respond to each & every comment - if you have a blog as well please leave the URL! :)