January 1, 2012

A New Year


Happy 2012 everyone! I hope everyone had a fabulous New Year's Eve & a relaxing day today. I myself worked both days, but had a lovely time nonetheless. It was so nice to see some of my favourite people at work again, revel in everyone's New Years giddiness, & wear my new velvet dress. 


Along with each new year comes the mandatory list of resolutions. Last year I wrote a somewhat over-ambitious list of 100+ resolutions from the grandiose to the miniscule. Long lost, I don't how many of those resolutions I actually fulfilled; but this year I'm starting small & sharing them with you so I'll have a little more motivation. Besides the usual 'keep in better touch with friends', 'exercise more', & 'just be happy' here are my 5 main goals for 2012:

1. Stop biting my nails
I attempt this one every year, but so far have only managed a few months without crumbling. It's a terrible habit, but 2012 is the year! Pretty manicure inspiration required. 

2. Finish my school courses by April.
Which means procrastinating less & being much more productive than I have been lately. German & Microbiology I will conquer you. 


3. Save money & travel more. 

Although it may mean a reduction in my wardrobe budget, I hold travel higher than anything else - & this year I'm looking forward to a long & delightful trip (perhaps even a relocation!)

4. Take better care of my skin & hair.
I'm the queen of falling asleep with my makeup on. No more! I'm also going to spend more time experimenting with my makeup & hair. I'll let you know how it goes ;) 

5. Evolve my blog.
For me this means gaining more of you lovely followers, posting more often, & hopefully working on some collaborations. I'm really looking forward to the future growth of this site & sharing my year with you!

I'd love to know what resolutions you've made for 2012 so please let me know! I have the next 3 days off so you can expect several new outfit posts this week (oh look, #5 ;). Until then, have a fantastic evening everyone! <3 

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Shawna!!! those are some good resolutions. I agree with the blog one. I hope it just keeps getting better!!! Hope you have a fantastic 2012!!

    http://jenalyenns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year lady!
    I too should stop biting my nails.. WISH you luck!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year my lovely Shawna!!!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the new year resolutions, and happy new year! I love camera obscura, I will have to take a listen to the song. xo

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! I read & respond to each & every comment - if you have a blog as well please leave the URL! :)