February 27, 2012

Neon & Peplum


A little neon there, a little peplum here. This will be my last outfit post from Vancouver, so I had to make it special. I'm anticipating a lot more heavy winter clothes once I hit the East Coast so I wanted to be as Spring-y as possible while I could. That being said, Vancouver seems to be prepping me for the upcoming climate change by mixing the pleasant sunshine with bitter cold. It couldn't have been above 1 degree so our photo shoot was cut a little short, & filled with laughter over my red nose (most apparent in the last of these photos) & incredulous looks from bundled-up passers-by. 


I showed you this neon yellow jersey pencil skirt (à la ASOS) in my last post & was delighted by the positive feedback I got from you guys. Trust me, I love it too. I decided to pair it with my 'Scuba-esque' peplum top from H&M (also fairly new) & my Steve Madden peep-toe heels. I really liked the resulting look & chose to wear it for my last day of work at BR. The only thing I'd like to change about it would be the addition of a little arm party. My Michael Kors watch is looking a little lonely there by itself. And no, that pesky hair elastic that I unfortunately overlooked does not count. 


So there you have it; one last Vancouver look. Tomorrow I fly across the country. Today? Well I have yet to pack a single thing but that's beside the point. I've got an irresistible urge to go shopping, the sun is shining, & Kris & I are going to have one last friend date. It's going to be lovely :)








I was wearing:
Neon yellow jersey pencil skirt - ASOS
Black Peplum top - H&M
Peep-toe Heels - Steve Madden
Gold Chronograph Watch - Michael Kors
Necklace - Forever 21
Nail polish - OPI Mermaid's Tears

34 comments:

  1. stunning, love the necklace and you've really pulled off the skirt -neons are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty! I am in love with that peplum top xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit. Very sophisticated and elegant! xx

    http://petitepip.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful!
    Love everything, especially ur watch and blouse.
    Take care xoxo

    www.mayaandsusannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look very beautiful! You wear neon so well. And your hair is gorgeous! I remember when my hair was that long. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love that neon yellow skirt <3
    I'm liking this peplum trend going on. You rocked that peplum top! :)

    Http://www.trendyteal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honey you look amazing!!!!! I am loving that neon yellow skirt and especially with that peplum top and that gorgeous necklace! This is so chic and so right now my dear! Have a great flight tomorrow sweetie :)

    Take care,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are beautiful, as are you and your rad outfit! I'd see you're leaving with a bang.
    I never noticed the tattoo on your foot - nice!
    And you're like me, I'm SUCH a slacker at packing! I wait till the day of or the night before if I'm ahead of the ball. LOL :)
    Also, that hair of yours is amazingly long and so healthy looking. All around, I loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, love the skirt and that top is gorgeous.
    I am sure you hear this all the time but your hair is amazing! It is so beautiful!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like peplum anything, so seeing this top on you makes me
    like it a lot :D

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. your such a stylist! i would have never thought to pair that top with the skirt, so brave!! looks AMAZING!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg You look so chic! perfect, U remind me of Victoria Beckham :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shawwnnaa!!! This post makes me sad, your last Vancouver outfit :( But I definitely look forward to your new pictures and outfits with the change of scenery!! Hope you and Kris have fun today, such a beautiful day, enjoy! Bon voyage tomorrow!!! Many hugssss!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the peplum and how you wear it!So cute outfit:)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the neon skirt with the peplum top, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That peplum top is killing me, in the best possible way. I've been drooling over one on the asos curve website... cannot decide between black, lilac or cheetah, but I think this post convinced me.
    Have a nice flight and maybe I'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have such a cute style and it's refreshing to see that shade of yellow being worn - that's a rareity!~

    simplesophiecn.blogspot.com ox

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look like a 1940s film star! So elegant! I adore the peplum - you're working it perfectly, girly xx Tess

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look soooo chic today! Have a safe trip!
    --TS
    http://thriftedshift.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. super chic fabulous :)


    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous outfit!! Love the necklace, too! Good luck with the move! xx


    http://ms-jelena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the outfit! I really like the top, too. And I didn't notice your tattoo til now. What does it say?

    -j.

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a fantastic outfit my dear. good luck with everything, hope you have a good flight and I hope you enjoy being home!!!!

    http://jenalyenns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am now following you 'officially'!

    I hope your travel day is good, maybe see you somewhere sometime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally in with the trends these days :) love that outfit on you!!

    http://i-queenb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. you look very chic, love your skirt, I like neon color this season, kisses

    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. looking FAB hon!! ;)
    xx

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Please help me. Where can I get this top? I have looked everywhere. Ended up buying it in the light pink out of desperation, but I want it in the black so badly. Someone help please. Size 10, 12 or 14. I will make it fit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. You must've been cold. Your nipples were sticking out.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! I read & respond to each & every comment - if you have a blog as well please leave the URL! :)