My very first Glossybox arrived yesterday, just one day short of the month's end. I was pretty excited for a new little treat, especially as I haven't been doing any shopping this month. It was adorably packaged from beginning to end; with even the cardboard shipping box spotted with the feminine logo.
Admittedly I haven't fallen in love with any of these items, although they're quite usable & for the most part practical. I haven't tested all of the products yet, but here's a little run-through of what I received:
1. Bailey Fresh Lip Gloss (Berry) - This lipgloss came in a purpley dark pink colour, which although I wouldn't generally choose myself, I quite like. It's non-sticky, though like most lipglosses it doesn't have the lasting power I'd like. I'm going to pair it with my Too Faced Lip Insurance primer soon & see if that might enhance it.
2. Pandora's Box Blush - For someone with pale skin like myself, blush never goes astray. This colour is a slightly deep pink, which will be useful when I want to alternate from my bright pink Dior blush.
3. Evian Facial Spray - This is a natural mineral water spray which can be used over make-up to give your skin a refreshment boost throughout the day. I've used this one twice so far & will venture to say it's definitely a good refresher which doesn't interfere with your make-up. I don't know how often I'd use this product for day to day use, but I can definitely see it being useful during hot summer weather.
4. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion - This product I've used before; in fact it's a product my mom swears by. It's undoubtedly a good daily moisturizer. That being said, I wasn't overjoyed to see it in my Glossybox, as I could easily pick it up at any local Shoppers Drug Mart.
5. Algemarin Foam Bath - Haven't tried this one out yet. But I do enjoy a good bubble bath from time to time so we'll see how "the riches of the sea" fare soon enough.
6. Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper Hair Spray - A mini-bottle of hairspray is always great to slip in your purse, so I figured this guy was at least pretty useful. Sadly when I went to try it out this afternoon the nozzle stopped working after one tiny spray! I tried to be resourceful & switch the nozzle with another spray, but sadly it's beyond help.
And that's that! It's so hard to believe that tomorrow is April 1st (especially considering we've gotten 20+ cm of snow here this past week... needless to say I'm not impressed). In the spirit of Spring & my current colour obsession I'm hoping to come up with a bright outfit post for tomorrow. Stay tuned :)